A United Nations committee will soon take up the issue of North Korea′s claim that it test-fired a ballistic missile from a submarine. The South Korean government said Thursday that it sent a letter to the North Korea Sanctions Committee under the UN Security Council... requesting a formal investigation into Pyongyang′s self-proclaimed missile launch and whether it violates UN resolutions. Similar requests were also submitted by the United States and Japan. Accordingly, the committee will soon launch a panel to investigate... and the findings will be reported to the Security Council. Earlier this month, the North said it had conducted a successful test of a submarine-launched ballistic missile, followed by reports saying the test was faked.